2019 Summer Research Opportunity
The Oka’ Institute is pleased to announce a Summer Research Opportunity for faculty of East Central University. To participate in this opportunity:
1. Submit an application online and click on the link to Research Professors. Complete and submit the application to become a Research Professor found at that location. If you have already submitted this application and are a Research Professor, skip to #3.
2. Professor will be notified by Oka’ that the application was received and professor is now invited to apply for the Summer Research Opportunity.
3. Research Professors will submit a 1-2 page proposal* to Oka’ by April 30, 2019 for consideration by the Selection Committee. This proposal will be for faculty initiated projects that support Oka’s Mission and will extend for an 8-week research period. Proposals must include supervision of 1-2 undergraduate research student positions, which the professor must recruit. Proposals may focus on physical, biological or social science topics that advance the Oka’ Institute goals and objectives. These may be found on the Oka’ website.
4. If the proposal is selected, the Research Professor will receive $2,000 in supplemental pay (which will include appropriate benefits) and each of the two undergraduate students will receive a $500 stipend.
5. A terms of agreement form must be signed by the professors whose proposals are selected. This form will outline the payment schedule and will give the deadline for the final paper that must be written about the research results.
The Oka’ Institute will provide supplies and equipment for selected projects. There is a budget limit of $1,000 for each proposal selected. Proposals that collaborate with other Research Professors and/or Oka’ staff are encouraged. Proposals will be reviewed and selected on a competitive basis.
Undergraduate Student Research Assistants
Supply and Equipment Budget ($1,000 cap)
If you have questions about this opportunity, please call Susan Paddack, Oka’ Institute Executive Director, at 559-5152 or email email@example.com.
Proposals may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 30, 2019.